Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gate E16

My Rock was waiting for me as usual at gate E16, but this time my rock would return with me. By my calculations this is my sixth or seventh trip to DFW during the last two years with AL. I acquired my rock shortly after transitioning to Apartment Life to memorialize a dream that God had called me to put on hold - as usual I struggled and God blessed despite His initially disenchanted servant.

Running parallel with my own journey, I had had a plan for this rock two years ago that didn't come to fruition. My memorial stone was to ride home with me in my carry on bag until the TSA agent informed me that I couldn't carry on small boulders onto the plane. Having become emotionally attached to my igneous friend, I couldnt abandon him (yes, this one is a male) so I placed him strategicly in the DFW airport landscaping at E16.

By coincidence one of the themes for our staff meeting was rocks of remembrances. As I wrapped up my presentation to the senior leadership, I brought out my rock and shared how God had been faithful during my two year season with AL. I then requested that my rock be shipped to GA where it can be joined with the rest of my rock collection as we prepare to make the jump to S. Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment