1. One of two books of the Bible written by a brother of Christ - imagine always being compared to your older brother who happens to be the Son of God! :)
2. Likely the first book penned out of the New Testament corpus ("wik" it).
3. Short and straight forward - 5 chapters.
4. Luther called it a "right strawy epistle!"
5. Addresses problems we face today - trials, dysfunctional people, and our own pride.
6. 60 imperatives packed into 108 verses; a plum line realigning our lives & bringing God's economy in focus.
7. Called "Proverbs of the New Testament"
The Crossroad's class will be launching into the book of James over the next few months. In an attempt to chew steak (see previous post), if you would like to get more out of the God's Word please consider taking the following challenge (SBX style)! We will be starting next week with James 1:1-18 (pages. 22-26).
Tall - read James 3 times in a week
Grande - work through the James study (prior to Sunday) - see link "James study" on the right side of blog under Crossroad's Bible Study
Venti - James study + memory verse - see table of contents in study material