Friday, December 24, 2010

Five Cremes and One Flying Kick: Thanksgiving 2010

We pulled away from Dunkin Donuts only to discover that the not quite awake drive through attendant had been confused by our order. “Five crème and sugars are better than two crème and sugars and the nine hour car ride from GA is better than the sixteen hour ride from TX,” I thought as I sipped my super sweet coffee and mentally prepared for our nine hour trip to “granddad’s house!” At the TN line the kids woke up and after munching on doughnuts, Luke enjoyed his toy circulars while Ava Marie tried not to become too embitter over being strapped into her forward facing “torture” seat.

McDonalds, while attempting to meet our dietary needs and failing miserably (“Mcgross”), provided me with the highlight of my day. Side note McDonald’s now charges for water! Does this bother anyone else? Is the economy really that bad or am I just “Mccheap?” After using the facilities, I told Luke that he could flush the toilet. Without batting an eye, he reached up with both hands and grabbed the bar next to the toilet to brace himself and sent a flying kick at the toilet lever. I’m not sure where he learned how to do this, must have been his mother.


1 comment: