Friday, August 21, 2009

List Making: Bane or Blessing - Part 1

I have a confession to make . . . (deep sigh)! I am a list maker, it is my bane. I wake up every morning with a list of things that I want to accomplish that day and if they don't get done, well that's a bad day. I go to bed every night thinking about the list of things that I will do tomorrow, I'm told that is what highly successful people do . . . or neurotic you may be thinking. To some list making is strange to others quite normal.

I walk through life compiling lists: books to read, things to do before I die, topics for sermons, ideas to implement within a church, stories that will preach, movies that I would recommend, names for our second child that will be born any day now . . . well I have just done it, there is a portion of my list on lists. I know what you are thinking, "I feel sorry for this guys wife, they probably go out for dinner and talk through lists." It's not far from the truth, but she loves me anyway and I have a sinking suspicion that she married me for my lists. She doesn't live by lists, I think they feel restrictive to her . . . yet she will be the first to admit that she needs the structure and order that my lists bring to our life together. My bane, her blessing . . . when I am not driving her crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment